from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The maximum: The car can seat five adults, but that's the max.
- adj. Maximal.
- adv. Maximally: We'll pay $250 max.
- intransitive v. To reach one's limit, as of endurance or capability: The weightlifter maxed out at 180 kilograms.
- intransitive v. To reach a point from which no additional growth, improvement, or benefit is possible: The salary for this position maxes at $45,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. maximum function
- adj. Maximum.
- n. A maximum.
- n. An extreme, a great extent.
- v. to reach the limit, to reach the maximum.
Abbreviation of maximum (Wiktionary)