from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or containing mercury, especially with a valence of 1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to or derived from mercury.
- adj. Of a compound, containing mercury with an oxidation number of 1.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or derived from, mercury; containing mercury; -- said of those compounds of mercury in which it is present in its highest proportion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Related to or containing mercury.
- In chem., specifically applied to compounds in which two atoms of mercury are regarded as forming a bivalent radical: as, mercurous chlorid, Hg2Cl2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or containing mercury
Sorry, no etymologies found.