from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ornithology: The typical genus of Micropodidæ same as Cypselus.
- n. A genus of short-footed thrushes or Brachypodinæ founded by Swainson in 1831, now referred to the Timeliidæ.
- n. In ichthyology, a name of two genera of fishes, one founded by J. E. Gray, 1831, the other by Kner, 1868.
- n. In entomology, a tropical American genus of lygæid bugs erected by Spinola in 1837.
- n. A person with abnormally small, but not necessarily deformed, legs.
Sorry, no etymologies found.