from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A skirt or coat of mid-calf length.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a hemline at mid-calf length.
- n. A coat or skirt having such a hemline.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the southern part of France
- n. a standard protocol for communication between electronic musical instruments and computers
- adj. used of women's clothing having a hemline at mid-calf
Short for midiskirt, blend of mid1 and (min)iskirt.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)