from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Articles, especially women's hats, sold by a milliner.
- n. The profession or business of a milliner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Women's hats.
- n. A shop with women's hats.
- n. The wares of a shop with women's hats.
- n. The business and work that a milliner engages in.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The articles made or sold by milliners, as headdresses, hats or bonnets, laces, ribbons, and the like.
- n. The business of work of a milliner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The articles made or sold by a milliner.
- n. The industry of making bonnets and other head-dresses for women. This work was formerly in the hands of men, but is now almost exclusively a women's occupation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hats for women; the wares sold by a milliner
- n. shop selling women's hats
milliner + -y (“(nominalizer)”) (Wiktionary)