American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A position for sexual intercourse in which a woman and man lie facing each other, with the woman on the bottom and the man on the top.
- n. A position for sexual intercourse in which the man and woman face each other, with the man on top.
- n. a position for sexual intercourse; a man and woman lie facing each other with the man on top; so-called because missionaries thought it the proper position for primitive peoples
- Supposed to have been originated by natives of the Trobriand Islands (who considered it improper) (Wiktionary)
- From Christian missionaries' supposed advocacy of this position over other copulatory positions. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘missionary position’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for missionary position.