from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To do missionary work.
- transitive v. To perform missionary work in or among.
- transitive v. To bring under the influence or control of a mission: "Eastern Apaches in what is now Texas were even missionized—briefly—in the eighteenth century” ( William Brandon).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To work as a missionary; to do missionary work.
- v. To do missionary work among (a people) or in (a particular place).
From mission + -ize. (Wiktionary)