from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To spend improperly or extravagantly; squander: misspent the funds; misspent their youth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To spend poorly, incorrectly or unwisely.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To spend amiss or for wrong purposes; to squander; to waste.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To spend amiss; make a bad or useless expenditure of; waste: as, to misspend time or money; to misspend life.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. spend time badly or unwisely
- v. spend (money or other resources) unwisely
mis- + spend (Wiktionary)