from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A verse consisting of a single metrical foot or one dipody.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A line of verse containing a single metrical foot
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rhythmic series, consisting of a single meter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In prosody, consisting of a single measure.
- n. In prosody, a meter consisting of a single measure.
Sorry, no etymologies found.