from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The power of moving or causing motion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The power or ability to move
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The power of moving or producing motion.
- n. The quality of being influenced by motives.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The power of moving; form of motion or locomotion.
- n. In thermodynamics, a term proposed by Lord Kelvin for the available energy of a system.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the power or ability to move
Sorry, no etymologies found.