from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A kind of bicycle designed to carry more than two riders.
- n. A velocipede with more than three wheels; specifically, one developed in the 19th century with seven pairs of wheels, capable of carrying five to twelve men but steered by only one.
- adj. Of or pertaining to more than one cycle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A velocipede or “cycle” with more than three wheels; specifically, a form of velocipede first introduced to public notice in 1887, by a series of experiments at Aldershot in England, to test its value as a vehicle for infantry.
- n. A bicycle designed to carry more than two riders.
multi- + cycle (Wiktionary)