from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An American annual weed (Veronica peregrina), with small white flowers and a roundish pod.
- n. The hemp plant, which furnishes ropes for hanging criminals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An American annual weed (veronica peregrina), with small white flowers and a roundish pod.
- n. The hemp; -- so called as furnishing ropes for hanging criminals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small, widely diffused plant, Veronica peregrina, once deemed efficacious in scrofula.
- n. Hemp, as used for making ropes for hangmen's use.
neck + weed (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.