from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A room, as in a newspaper office or radio or television station, where news stories are written and edited.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The office of a news organisation, especially that part of it where the journalists work and news stories are processed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A room where news is collected and disseminated, located in the offices of a newspaper, magazine, or news broadcast organization.
- n. A room where periodicals are sold; a reading room supplied with newspapers, magazines, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A room where newspapers, and often also magazines, reviews, etc., are kept on file for reading; a reading-room.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the staff of a newspaper or the news department of a periodical
- n. an office in which news is processed by a newspaper or news agency or television or radio station
- n. a reading room (in a library or club) where newspapers and other periodicals can be read
From news + room. (Wiktionary)