from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- pro. No person; not anyone: Nobody told you to go.
- n. A person of no importance or influence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- pro. Not any person; the logical negation of somebody.
- n. Someone who is not important or well-known.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. No person; no one; not anybody.
- n. A person of no influence or importance; an insignificant or contemptible person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. No person; no one.
- n. Hence An unimportant or insignificant person; one who is not in fashionable society.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person of no influence
no + body (Wiktionary)