from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small round piece of meat, especially loin or fillet of lamb, veal, or pork.
- adj. Made or flavored with hazelnuts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a small round thick slice of meat (in particular, lamb or veal) that has been deboned
- adj. flavoured with hazelnuts
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A hybrid rose produced in 1817, by a French gardener, Noisette, of Charleston, South Carolina, from the China rose and the musk rose. It has given rise to many fine varieties, as the Lamarque, the Marechal (or Marshal) Niel, and the Cloth of gold. Most roses of this class have clustered flowers and are of vigorous growth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A variety of rose.
French, from Old French, diminutive of nois, nut, from Latin nux.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)