from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the ancient world or a past era.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to the ancient world or former times
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characteristic of former times especially in Europe.
- adj. Native to the Old World; not found in the Americas.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the ancient world; belonging to a prehistoric or far bygone age; antiquated; old-fashioned.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the Old World (Europe, Asia, and Africa) as distinguished from the New World or America.
- Specifically, of or pertaining to the continents of the eastern hemisphere as known before the discovery of America; paleogean: as, the old-world apes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of former times especially in Europe
Sorry, no etymologies found.