from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal The art of outdoing or showing up a rival or competitor, as in exploits, privileges, or honors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The art or practice of successively outdoing a competitor.
- n. A succession of instances of outdoing a competitor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The attitude or practice of trying to keep one step ahead of a friend or competitor; vigorous competitiveness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the practice of keeping one jump ahead of a friend or competitor
one-up + -manship (Wiktionary)