from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To exhibit an iridescent shimmer of colors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To be opalescent; to give forth a play of colours, like the opal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To give forth a play of colors, like the opal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To give forth a play of colors like the opal; exhibit opalescence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. reflect light or colors like an opal
- v. exhibit a play of colors like that of an opal
Back-formation from opalescence.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)