from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the orbit and the sphenoid bone
- n. The orbitosphenoid bone
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the sphenoid bone and the orbit, or to the orbitosphenoid bone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Orbital and sphenoidal; forming a part of the sphenoid bone in relation with the orbit of the eye.
- n. In anatomy, a bone of the third cranial segment, of the skull, morphologically situated between the presphenoid and the frontal, and separated from the alisphenoid by the orbital nerves, especially the first division of the fifth nerve.
- n. In ichthyology, a bone anterior to the alisphenoid and usually forming part of the orbital septum. It is common only among the soft-rayed fishes. The orbitosphenoid of Owen is the alisphenoid of Huxley and Parker.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.