from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person (especially a scholar) interested in the orient
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An inhabitant of the Eastern parts of the world; an Oriental.
- n. One versed in Eastern languages, literature, etc..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. [cap. or lowercase] An inhabitant of some eastern part of the world; an Oriental.
- n. [capitalized] One who is versed in the languages and literature of the East: opposed to Occidentalist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a specialist in oriental subjects
orient + -ist (Wiktionary)