from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To burn away; be consumed by fire.
- v. To exceed in burning; burn longer than.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To exceed in burning.
- v. To burn entirely; to be consumed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To burn away; be consumed by fire.
- To exceed in burning; burn longer than.
From out- + burn. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.