from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cover with clouds.
- transitive v. To make dark and gloomy.
- intransitive v. To become cloudy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cover, or become covered, with clouds
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To cover or overspread with clouds; to becloud; to overcast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cover or overspread with clouds; hence, to cover with gloom, depression, or sorrow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. become covered with clouds
- v. make obscure or unclear
Sorry, no etymologies found.