from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To produce ova; discharge eggs from the ovary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to produce eggs or ova
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing an ovule or ovules.
- intransitive v. To produce ova and discharge them from an ovary or ovarian follicle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having or bearing ovules.
- To generate or produce ovules; effect ovulation; form or produce ova; lay eggs, as a process of maturing ovules in the ovary and discharging them therefrom.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. produce and discharge eggs
From ovule.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)