from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of Panhellenic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to all Greece, or to Panhellenism; including all Greece, or all the Greeks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or concerning all Hellas, or all persons, interests, achievements, etc., belonging or pertaining to the Greek race: as, the Panhellenic festival or games at Olympia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to all the Greeks
Sorry, no etymologies found.
We had a Greek community, and I was in a sorority, and I was president of the panhellenic council.
The municipal officer in charge of education used to set as a copy for the children, a prayer that panhellenic concord might drive the
* Early in the mourning was finished the panhellenic strike of taxi drivers.
The panhellenic seamen's federation (PNO) has announced that it will be staging another
While attending UCF, McManus has been involved in housing and residence life as a resident assistant, she was chaplain and panhellenic delegate for Alpha Xi Delta, an orientation leader, a member of the student body president advisory council and served on the president's list for four semester.
The party which Parmenio led had no panhellenic ideals.
"They sent envoys up to the Great King in Susa, to warn him of Philip's panhellenic project, and induce him to assist Philip's enemies."
Her command of the seas shall be broken by the capture of the coasts of the Levant, and her people be bent willy nilly to the panhellenic work. "
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.