American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The nutritive yolk of a meroblastic egg.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The supplementary or nutritive yolk of a meroblastic egg or metovum, as distinguished from the archiblast,or formative yolk.
- n. Same as mesoblast.
- n. biology A portion of the mesoblast (of peripheral origin) of the developing embryo, whose cells are involved in the formation of the first blood and blood vessels.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Biol.) A portion of the mesoblast (of peripheral origin) of the developing embryo, the cells of which are especially concerned in forming the first blood and blood vessels.
- para- + -blast (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘parablast’.
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Looking for tweets for parablast.