from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A broad landscaped highway, often divided by a planted median strip.
- n. Mississippi Valley, Ohio Valley, & Western U.S. See parking. See Regional Note at parking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a road, a thoroughfare
- n. a scenic freeway
- n. a divided highway with a landscaped median
- n. a railway station built on the edge of a town, typically with a large car park to function as a park and ride interchange.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wide scenic road planted with trees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A broad thoroughfare planted with trees and intended for recreation as well as for common street traffic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wide scenic road planted with trees
Blend of car park and railway (Wiktionary)