from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cause to be annoyed or resentful. See Synonyms at annoy.
- n. A vexation; a grievance.
- n. A resentful mood: in a peeve about the delays.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An annoyance or grievance.
- v. To annoy; vex.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an annoyed or irritated mood
- v. cause to be annoyed, irritated, or resentful
Back-formation from peevish.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Back-formation from peevish. (Wiktionary)