from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sterile parts of a flower; collectively, the sepals and petals (or tepals); the perianth.
- n. The modified leaves around the antheridia in a bryophytic plant.
- n. The wall of the sporosac in a hydroid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as perigone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Hydroida, a sac formed by the more external parts of the gonophore.
- n. In botany, same as perigone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. collective term for the outer parts of a flower consisting of the calyx and corolla and enclosing the stamens and pistils
Sorry, no etymologies found.