American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An outer layer surrounding the cell membrane of certain microorganisms, such as a spirochete.
- n. A cell membrane or cell wall.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The intercellular substance, matrix, or stroma of an organ or tissue of the body, containing and supporting the cells or other formations which are peculiar to such organ or tissue.
- n. The peripheral or cytoplasmic portion of the cell, as distinguished from the endoplast, or nucleus: same as periblast.
- n. An indefinite term for the attraction-sphere of the cell.
- n. biology Alternative form of periblast..
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Biol.) Same as periblast.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘periplast’.
A hodgepodge, jumble, jambalaya, *gallimaufry, circus and tent revival of plant anatomy and morphology terms and phrases - its a big tent, and no tickets are required.
Looking for tweets for periplast.