Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cast or facsimile of an engraving, matter in type, etc., produced by pressing a woodcut or other plate into semi-fluid metal. An intaglio matrix is the result; and from this matrix, in a similar way, a polytype in relief is obtained.
- Pertaining to polytypage; produced by polytypage.
- To reproduce by polytypage: as, to polytype an engraving.
- n. Any of the types involved in polytypism.
- n. A cast, or facsimile copy, of an engraved block, matter in type, etc.
- v. transitive To produce a polytype of.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Print.) A cast, or facsimile copy, of an engraved block, matter in type, etc.
- adj. (Print.) Of or pertaining to polytypes; obtained by polytyping.
- v. (Print.) To produce a polytype of.
“This technique has been demonstrated to clearly resolve sub-nanometer atomic steps on the surface of crystalline substances, such as polytype 6H-SiC.”
‘polytype’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for polytype.