from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who affects a particular attribute, attitude, or identity to impress or influence others.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who affects some behaviour, style, attitude or other condition, often to impress or influence others.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A person who poses or attitudizes, esp. mentally.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who poses, or takes an attitude, physical or mental, which is assumed for effect; one who attitudinizes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not
French, from poser, to pose, from Old French; see pose1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)