from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a post office or mail service.
- idiom go postal Slang To become extremely angry or deranged, especially in an outburst of violence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the collection, sorting and delivery of mail.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to the post office or mail service
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to the post or mails; belonging or pertaining to a mail service: as, postal arrangements; postal regulations; postal service.
- Called post-cards in the United Kingdom.
- n. A postal card or postal order.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the system for delivering mail
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Many in postal management are driven only by securing higher pay and bonuses.
Strong mail volume this month might add enough revenue to justify making the $5.5 billion payment to the government, but it would still leave little in postal coffers, said sources familiar with the process but not authorized to speak on the record.
But he's looking to reduce the mail agency's real estate portfolio by focusing more on expanding about 100,000 "access points" where people can obtain postal goods and services -- locations ranging from Office Depots to pharmacies with stamp machines.
With the increase in postal rates no one is happy.
Well that is due to the huge rise in postal voting.
As a result expect to see an increase in postal voting especially in marginal seats.
Ministers were warned as long ago as May 2000 about the lack of security in postal votes.
The Time Warner plan offered various incentives that could only be realized by large publishing groups, such as co-palletizing large numbers of magazines together or drop shipping from within postal zones via centralized printing and distribution centers.
Beginning next April, a staggering $1 trillion in long-term postal deposits will mature, creating a potential shift from savings accounts to stock markets unprecedented in Japanese history.
I read exactly zero of these: S But its not that I haven't been trying, and going postal is now on my list
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.