from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See power plant.
- n. One that possesses great force or energy: She is an editorial powerhouse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any source of power, energy or strength.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a team considered to be the best of its class
- n. a highly energetic and indefatigable person
- n. an electrical generating station
From power + house. (Wiktionary)