from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that anticipates, predicts or foretells.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who predicts; a foreteller.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who predicts or foretells; one who prophesies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who makes predictions of the future (usually on the basis of special knowledge)
- n. a computer for controlling antiaircraft fire that computes the position of an aircraft at the instant of a shell's arrival
- n. information that supports a probabilistic estimate of future events
Sorry, no etymologies found.