from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the Procoelia, a division of Crocodilia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Concave in front.
- n. A reptile having procœlian vertebræ; one of the Procœlia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Hollowed or cupped in front, as the centrum or body of a vertebra: correlated with amphicœlian, opisthocœlian, and heterocœlian.
- Having procœlian vertebrœ, as a crocodile; belonging to the Procœlia.
- Hollowed by a ventricle, as the prosencephalon; of or pertaining to the procœliœ of the brain.
- n. A member of the suborder Procœlia.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.