from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To repeatedly hit a person
- v. To hit so they become unconscious (knocked out)
- v. To use a punch to remove a piece of material or to remove a piece already scored.
- v. To eject from an airplane.
- v. To rule (by an umpire) that a pitch is a called third strike, often done emphatically.
- v. To throw a called third strike.
- v. To leave a workplace by punching a timecard
- n. An instance of a called third strike.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. register one's departure from work
Sorry, no etymologies found.