American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Acute inflammation of the pelvis of the kidney, caused by bacterial infection.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Inflammation of the pelvis of the kidney. Also called endonephritis.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) Inflammation of the pelvis of the kidney.
- n. inflammation of the renal pelvis
- pyel- + -itis (Wiktionary)
- New Latin pyelītis : Greek puelos, basin; see pleu- in Indo-European roots + -itis. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Lee R, Clement MR, Carr MC, Canning DA, Brayman KL: Successful treatment of encrusted cystitis and pyelitis with preservation of renal graft.”
“Related problems can be any that are related to kidney malfunction with others being hardening of the arteries, chronic fatigue, nephritis (inflammation of the kidney) and pyelitis (inflammation of the part of the kidney from which urine drains into the ureter).”
“The kidneys were large, but no abscesses or pyelitis were present.”
“Later on symptoms of cystitis developed, and an ultimate diagnosis of pyelitis of the right kidney was made.”
“It is absolutely necessary to examine the external genitals and the urine of those affected by this disease, as phlegmasiæ of the vagina, of the vestibule or urethra in girls, or the practice of onanism, or lithiasis, cystitis, or pyelitis may be the cause of the disease.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pyelitis’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for pyelitis.