from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Inflammation of the kidney and its pelvis, caused by bacterial infection.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An ascending urinary tract infection that has reached the pelvis of the kidney.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Inflammation of the kidney and the renal pelvis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. inflammation of the kidney and its pelvis caused by bacterial infection
Infection involving mainly the kidney is called pyelonephritis, or an upper urinary tract infection.
You could have pyelonephritis which is the inflammation of the renal pelvis and renal medulla
Reflux can cause kidney infections (pyelonephritis), which can lead to permanent damage to the kidneys.
Once I backwashed into my UCTBFHD and ended up admitted as an inpatient with pyelonephritis and I haven't used it since.
Red melon is a real medicine against many diseases: kidney's problems, nephritis, pyelonephritis, constipation, acnee, red skin.
I saw a woman today in follow up who had been to the ER for a pyelonephritis and told, "Why didn't you come in sooner?" who'd had a respiratory infection preceding the UTI.
These symptoms suggest that infection has spread to the kidneys, resulting in pyelonephritis, a serious problem that requires medical treatment.
Severe upper urinary tract infections: pyelonephritis.
- Fever during last month of pregnancy (major risks to fetus and mother) indicates falciparum malaria, pyelonephritis ...
Moreover, scars after pyelonephritis are small, infrequent,2 and are probably clinically inconsequential.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.