Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete form of roll.
- n. A unit of quantity formerly in use in England, defined by a statute of Charles II. as seventy-two sheets of parchment.
- n. A part or character represented by an actor; any conspicuous part or function assumed by any one, as a leading public character.
- n. alternative spelling of role.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A part, or character, performed by an actor in a drama; hence, a part of function taken or assumed by any one.
- n. an actor's portrayal of someone in a play
- n. what something is used for
- n. normal or customary activity of a person in a particular social setting
- n. the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rôle’.
For those who wish no words were ever forgotten
Looking for tweets for rôle.