from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a walled enclosure in Irish antiquity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A hill or mound.
- n. A kind of ancient fortification found in Ireland.
- adj. Coming before others, or before the usual time; early.
- adv. Early; soon; betimes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Quick; swift; speedy.
- Early; coming before others, or before the usual time; youthful.
- Near; proximate.
- Quickly; swiftly; speedily.
- Early; soon.
- n. A fortified dwelling of an ancient Irish chief. The word occurs as the initial element in many Irish place-names, as Rathkeale. Rathlin, etc.
- n. A name given to certain rock-cut Buddhist temples in India.
- n. A Burmese state carriage.
From Old Irish ráth. (Wiktionary)