from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being rational.
- n. A rational belief or practice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Quality or state of being rational; agreement with reason; possession of reason; due exercise of reason; reasonableness.
- n. Objectivity, considerateness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being rational; agreement with reason; possession of reason; due exercise of reason; reasonableness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The rational faculty; the power of reasoning; possession of reason; intelligence.
- n. The character of being rational; accordance with reason; reasonableness; congruity; fitness.
- n. The exercise, result, or manifestation of reason; rational principle, motive, or causation; basis in reason.
- n. In mathematics, the state of corresponding to or being producible by a rational transformation or operation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of having good sense and sound judgment
- n. the quality of being consistent with or based on logic
From French rationalité, from Late Latin rationalitas ("rationality, reasonableness"), from Latin rationalis ("reasonable") (Wiktionary)