from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A carpet laid down for important visitors.
- idiom roll out the red carpet To welcome with great hospitality or ceremony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A strip of red carpet that is laid for a VIP to walk on.
- n. VIP treatment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. special treatment or hospitality
- n. a strip of red carpeting laid down for dignitaries to walk on
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.