from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to regulation
- adj. having a regulatory function
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to regulate; regulating.
- adj. Necessarily assumed by the mind as fundamental to all other knowledge; furnishing fundamental principles
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Regulating; tending to regulate.
- Since Kant, a rule showing what we ought to assume, without giving any assurance that the fact to be assumed is true; or a proposition which will lead to the truth if it be true, while if it be false the truth cannot be attained: such, for example, is the rule that we must not despair of answering any question by sufficient investigation.
- A rule of conduct which, if it be pursued, may lead us to our desired end, while, if it be not pursued, that end cannot be attained in any way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. restricting according to rules or principles
Sorry, no etymologies found.