from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having ribs.
- adj. intercalated with slate; said of a seam of coal
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of rib.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Furnished or formed with ribs.
- adj. Intercalated with slate; -- said of a seam of coal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Furnished with ribs; strengthened or supported by ribs, in any sense of the word.
- Formed into ribs or ridges; having alternate lines of projection and depression; ridged: as, ribbed cloth; ribbed hose.
- In anatomy and zoology, having a rib or ribs, in any sense; costal; costate; costiferous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. furnished or strengthened with ribs
- adj. (of the surface) having a rough, riblike texture
Sorry, no etymologies found.