from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The candidate or nominee for the lesser of two closely associated political offices.
- n. A companion.
- n. A horse used to set the pace in a race for another horse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A candidate on a joint ticket who is not the primary candidate on that ticket.
- n. One of a pair of ships with coordinated, often reciprocal, sailing schedules.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a nominee for the lesser of two closely related political offices
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.