Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. On a railway, an extra chain or coupling attached to a platform or other part of a car to prevent it from being detached in case of accident to the main coupling; a check-chain of a car-truck; a safety-link.
- n. A short chain placed between a car-body and the truck to prevent the latter from swinging at right angles to the body in case it leaves the rails while the car is moving; a check-chain.
- n. A light chain designed to be attached to a key-ring or watch to prevent it from being stolen from the wearer's pocket.
GNU Webster's 1913
- (Railroads) A normally slack chain for preventing excessive movement between a truck and a car body in sluing.
- An auxiliary watch chain, secured to the clothes, usually out of sight, to prevent stealing of the watch.
- A chain of sheet metal links with an elongated hole through each broad end, made up by doubling the first link on itself, slipping the next link through and doubling, and so on.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘safety chain’.
Bits and pieces of train engines, cars and carriages. Terms for various types of trains and train cars live here toot I mean too.
The universe as IKEA sees it.
Furniture, haberdashery, household articles and a lot more. The bulk of the list (750 entries) are IKEA articles in the original English version IKEA use...
active-response c..., add-on-unit for s..., adjustable slatte..., alarm clock, alkaline battery, anti-slip socks, anti-slip underlay, armchair, armrest, artificial flower, artificial garland, artificial plant ... and 830 more...
Looking for tweets for safety chain.