Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A very thin board, such as is used for the back of a picture or a looking-glass.
- n. In printing, a thin strip of wood, less than type-high, formerly used around pages of type to aid in getting exact margins and register. Cardboard is now used for this purpose.
- n. obsolete, printing A thin slip of wood used to justify a page.
- n. obsolete A thin veneer or leaf of wood used for covering the surface of articles of furniture etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Print.), obsolete A thin slip of wood used to justify a page.
- n. A thin veneer of leaf of wood used for covering the surface of articles of furniture, and the like.
- scale + board (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘scaleboard’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for scaleboard.