American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or in the form of scheme or diagram.
- n. A structural or procedural diagram, especially of an electrical or mechanical system.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the nature of, or pertaining to, a schema, in any sense; typical; made or done according to some fundamental plan: used in biology in much the same sense as archetypal.
- adj. represented simply
- adj. sketchy, incomplete
- adj. relating to a schema
- n. A drawing or sketch showing how a system works at an abstract level.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to a scheme or a schema.
- n. diagram of an electrical or mechanical system
- adj. represented in simplified or symbolic form
- From scheme. (Wiktionary)
“During these stories he described each operation on paper in schematic form.”
“I lean towards "created kinds" being front loaded in schematic form into one or a few genomes when life was first placed on this planet.”
“This schematic is fun to play around with, but fundamentally it’s an oversimplification of the ideological issues and involves abstract away from all questions of practicality.”
“Shown on the schematic is a secondary output that uses the open collector at the DISCHARGE terminal (Pin 7) of the timer.”
“Draw and label a schematic drawing of how you would check the core diameter of an external V-thread.”
“I don't think "schematic" is a negative term, though -- at least not when the schema is handled as well as is is here -- but it certainly makes for a different sort of novel than one that is primarily about character motivations.”
“There is also the Securities and Exchange Commission, under the Clinton administration, that gave the board of directors of Enron one waiver after another waiver after another waiver to do their kind of schematic financing that ultimately brought them down.”
“It penetrated the Oracle, and he could 'see' a kind of schematic of its LAPID circuits.”
“You almost have to have some kind of schematic that looks like the wiring diagram of the space shuttle to figure out who's where," said Ross Baker, a congressional scholar at Rutgers”
“I would think most of those changes are fairly easy to do at the 'schematic' (or 'hdl') level”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘schematic’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Use these and get promoted
Words I heard while watching TV. Could be anything.
Looking for tweets for schematic.