from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of scholars or scholarship: scholarly pursuits; a scholarly edition with footnotes. See Synonyms at learned.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to scholars or scholarship
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a scholar, or learned person; showing the qualities of a scholar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or denoting a scholar; characterized by scholarship; learned; befitting a scholar: as, a scholarly man; scholarly attainments; scholarly habits.
- Synonyms Learned, Scholarly. See learned and studious.
- In the manner of a scholar; as becomes a scholar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of scholars or scholarship
Sorry, no etymologies found.