from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sharply pointed tool used for marking lines, as on wood, metal, or ceramic. Also called scribe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sharp-pointed tool, used by joiners for drawing lines; a marking awl.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sharp-pointed tool, used by joiners for drawing lines on stuff; a marking awl.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as scribe, 4.
- n. Same as scribing-tool, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sharp-pointed awl for marking wood or metal to be cut
Sorry, no etymologies found.